||Visitor Center Staff– Brasstown Bald Visitor Center, GA
||Site Manager/Director of Visitor Centers and Sales
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
||High School diploma or equivalent required. Customer service experience preferred. Experience may be substituted for educational requirements if past records and references warrant.
|PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for greeting guests and providing excellent customer service.
- Responsible for opening and closing of visitor center.
- Responsible for the collection and distribution of specific knowledge regarding the natural and cultural history of the area as well as local resources of interest to the visitor.
- Responsible for routine cleaning and maintenance tasks; responsible for the overall appearance of the visitor center, exhibit hall, observation deck, theater complex and surrounding grounds.
|SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to meet the public and communicate effectively both in person and on the telephone.
- Sincere guest service ethic and the ability to interact well with people of all ages.
- Ability to communicate with the public in an engaging and effective style.
- Knowledge of regional natural history, forest ecology, and/or forest management a plus.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team as well as assume independent responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction or supervision.