FIND Outdoors, a non-profit organization, is looking for a highly motivated, energetic individual to be the Assistant Site Manager(ASM) at a busy recreation area in beautiful Northeast Georgia. The ideal candidate must be a team player who is able to work independently as well as supervise support staff. Enjoying working with the public and providing a stellar public land experience for visitors of all ages and backgrounds is a must. The ASM will be responsible for developing, meeting and implementing annual budget goals. Other core job functions include assisting with planning of long and short-term maintenance projects, identification of maintenance on grounds, buildings, and equipment. The ASM is responsible for specific site operations including retail sales as directed by the Site Manager. Performs duties relative to accepting revenues, their collection, accountability and disposition. Must work to assure safety of visitors and employees. The ideal candidate will have a background in Parks and Recreation, Natural Resource Management of Forest/Wildlife Ecology and a passion for service.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operates park with a business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit that focuses on revenue generation, cost effectiveness, and innovation.
- Develops partnerships through fostering and maintaining positive relationships with the USFS in addition to external organizations such as friends groups, chambers of commerce, media, special interest groups, and local, state, federal government entities and Georgia State Parks.
- Provides excellent customer service to our visitors.
- Performs administrative duties such as preparing reports, project management, and providing information to updating the Annual Operating Plan.
- Supervision and training on site Staff and Volunteers.
- Directs and/or performs site maintenance, improvement projects and park inventories.
- Participates and represents FIND Outdoors in a variety of capacities (e.g., public meetings).
- Enforces all site and FIND Outdoors policies and procedures while conserving the natural resources and ensuring public safety for our customers and employees.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Complete site administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Conduct personnel performance appraisals to assess training needs and build career paths.
- Proven successful management experience
- Powerful leading skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use computer software including but not limited to Quickbooks POS, MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.