We have an immediate opening for a full-time Maintenance Technician (MT). The MT must be available to work weekends, holidays and be comfortable working with the public. The Maintenance Technician provides quality maintenance services for FIND Outdoors at Anna Ruby Falls to maintain the site’s high standards of cleanliness, safety and polished appearance in accordance with all laws, regulations and standards. The MT is responsible to ensure the physical aspects of the buildings, amenities, grounds, and common areas of the property meet standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, functionality and visitor appeal. The MT is also responsible for prioritizing, delegating and instructing subordinates to accomplish site goals. Position reports to the Site Manager and Site Assistant Manager. Compensation is negotiable based upon experience.
- Proactively identify buildings, grounds, and other community features for safety and appeal and oversee and/or participate in all maintenance and repair of equipment, grounds, building interiors and exteriors within the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and open space areas
- Troubleshoot problems, take appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within quality, budgetary and time standards.
- Knowledge of general maintenance and electrical and plumbing maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.) is preferable.
- Proficient customer service and interpersonal communication skills for effective interaction with staff, visitors and agency partners
- Well-organized, detailed oriented, efficient with ability to prioritize
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Local safety codes, laws as they pertain to maintenance field, including OSHA compliance
- Basic computer and Internet knowledge related to position requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines, which may include working late hours.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Work is performed outside in all types of weather and temperatures with indoor work including restroom cleanings under COVID-19 protocols (PPE provided).
- Must be able to move, carry, reposition, or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequent need to be on feet, climb stairs and to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, push/pull, and ability to climb ladders and navigate difficult terrain and elevation changes while maintaining balance.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year maintenance experience
- Proven knowledge of various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems preferred
- Knowledge of local building codes and ordinances preferred