Position: Education Intern
Cradle of Forestry in America Interpretive Association
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong focus on the creation of flyers, publications and other media.
- Ability to work closely with the Director of Education and Campground Managers to provide updated information and quality programming.
- Knowledge of the flora and fauna of the Southern Appalachians, Piedmont and aquatic ecosystems.
- Willingness to provide support to CFAIA staff, volunteers, hosts, etc.
: Director of Education
Days and Times Will Vary
Purpose of Job:
To ensure the education mission of the CFAIA by administering educational opportunities at CFAIA operated campgrounds and recreation areas and create awareness of the natural world and National Forests through outreach and updated information boards in campgrounds and recreation areas.
Program Flyers and Information
- Work closely with Director of Education and Education Specialist to train and implement educational opportunities within CFAIA campgrounds and Recreation Areas and with The Pisgah Field School.
- Designing, printing and posting program flyers at each designated information board within the specified campground or recreation area.
- Updating Forest Service information as needed.
- Keeping information boards clean and looking professional.
- Website updates as needed.
- Working with Forest Service representatives as needed.