FIND has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities and Operations Assistant with a 48 year old non-profit located in Pisgah Forest, NC who promotes educational, recreational and interpretive opportunities about forest and water resources, natural history, and the Cradle of Forestry in America. FIND Outdoors serves approximately 800,000 visitors each year with over 150 educational and recreational programs, special events, and tours, and manages 21 recreation, education and camping facilities in North Carolina, Georgia and Indiana; offers to the public environmental education programs and forest-related gifts, educational books and other resources; and provides partnership opportunities for the health, safety and education of all forest users on local and regional public and private lands.
This role will focus on supporting the Facilities and Operations Director with the day to day operational tasks and must have the requisite skills to function in this position. This position will be held to a high standard for customer service, employee and community relations and will be an ambassador to FIND.
- Be first contact to assist all campground and visitor center managers.
- Ensure demographic reporting is being prepared and reported correctly on a monthly basis.
- Maintain NRRS system for campground reservations and track all reservations.
- Assist in expense tracking.
- Turning off / on utilities for locations that close during the winter.
- Assist in the recruiting process of campground hosts, including but not limited to preparing employment contracts.
- Assist with general coordination of all operations.
- Maintains Safety meeting reports and campground inspection logs on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for providing accurate information on each location in marketing media (website, rack cards, etc.)
- Other related duties as assigned by the Facilities and Operations Director or COO.
This is a full-time position at the FIND Outdoors Headquarters Office in Pisgah Forest, NC. Benefits offered. This job will be posted through December and qualified candidates will be contacted after January 1 for interviews.