Site Manager at Cliffside Lake Recreation Area
About the Opportunity:
FIND Outdoors has an exciting opportunity for a Site Manager at Cliffside Lake Recreation Area outside of Highlands, North Carolina. FIND Outdoors serves approximately 850,000 total visitors each year at 21recreation, education and camping facilities in North Carolina, Georgia and Indiana, all which offer the public over 150 educational and recreation opportunities and special events. In addition, FIND offers our visitors forest-related gifts, educational resources and provides partnership opportunities for the health of our forests and safety of our forest users on public and private lands. The Site Manager works collaboratively with local, regional and statewide conservation organizations, friends-of groups, local partners, USFS and other federal agency staff to enhance support for the mission of education at FIND Outdoors. This role will focus on providing exceptional experiences through the management of the site, which includes overseeing daily operations, coordinating programming with the Director of Education, while ensuring the safe and attractive operation of all grounds, facilities, buildings/collections and equipment with a focus on sustainability and green practices where appropriate. The successful candidate must have the requisite skills to function in this position and will be held to a high standard for customer service, employee and community relations and will be an ambassador to the FIND Outdoors brand. RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Maintain the high functioning relationship with the United State Forest Service Team on the Nantahala National Forest that has been developed with FIND.
- Ensure strategic plans for the site are reviewed and implemented.
- Management, training, and supervision of seasonal hosts, including scheduling for daily operations.
- Train Hosts to meet the high standards of FIND to prepare them for site management and interpretation and informational duties.
- Monitor staff interaction with the public to ensure providing exceptional experiences are foremost in contact with visitors; resolution of customer complaints.
- Oversight of vending services and sales outlet operations in conjunction with support staff and FIND Directors.
- Ensure routine inspection and maintenance of grounds and facilities, which may include:
- Ensure proper bathroom cleaning, painting, identifying and correcting hazards, removing graffiti, washing/treating signage, tables, and boardwalks.
- Ensure proper emptying recycling containers and collecting trash from receptacles and grounds.
- Coordinating minor and major repairs with FIND Facilities and Operations Director and/or Chief Operating Officer.
- Perform any duties required to maintain the highest operational integrity.
- Adhere to annual budgets.
- Coordinate proper maintaining vehicular access, parking lots, and walkways free of vegetation and pot holes.
- Accurate and timely record keeping and reporting procedures.
- Participation in regular meetings with FIND staff and USFS representatives.
- Assistance with opening and closing of grounds and facilities.
- Overview of interviewing and recommending support staff and hosts for seasonal employment.
- Provide reports to COO as needed.
- Work closely with FIND HQ on public communications.
- Other related duties as assigned by the COO, CFO or CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- Managerial experience with strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team or independently.
- Ability to administer budgets and track finances. General knowledge of accounting and record keeping principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the USFS about safe and attractive operation of all grounds and facilities, collections, and equipment.
- Ability to supervise seasonal hosts and support staff.
- Ability to meet the public and communicate effectively both in person and on the telephone, providing information regarding services and/or programs.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously within a strict time frame.
- Ability to walk up to two (2) miles daily and lift twenty (20) lbs.