||Site Manager – Northwest Trading Post
||Director of Visitor Centers and Sales, Site Manager
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree. Experience in hospitality and/or retail management with a passion for the outdoors and public lands. Experience may be substituted for educational requirements if past records and references warrant.
- Managerial experience with strong public relations skills a must.
|PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
|General Administrative Responsibilities include:
- Serve a non-profit ambassador
- Make deposits; may issue cash refunds where appropriate
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of record keeping and reporting including status updates on condition of facility, quarterly and annual demographics, safety meeting reports and inspection logs, vehicle and equipment records
Site Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for providing information to the public regarding FIND Outdoors purpose, goals and relationship with the National Park Service
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the site.
- Responsible for coordinating law enforcement response when required; in the event of Site Manager’s absence.
- Responsible for supervision, training, direction and support of staff.
- Responsible for monitoring staff interaction with the public to ensure quality customer service concepts are foremost in every contact with the public.
- Responsible for resolution of customer complaints.
- Responsible for assuring that maintenance of facilities and grounds is performed in a timely manner
- Supervision, training, direction and support of staff. Will assist in the employee recruitment program.
|SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to supervise support staff and work successfully as part of a team.
- Ability to meet the public and communicate several projects simultaneously within a strict time frame.
- Certified in basic first aid and/or CPR is preferred but not required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to use computer software, including but not limited to Quickbooks POS, MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint.
- General knowledge of accounting and record keeping principles.
- Will lead in the collection and distribution of specific knowledge regarding the natural and culture history of the area as well as local resources of interest to the visitor.
- Responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, safety and overall appearance of the visitor center gift shop and surrounding grounds.
- Responsible for providing input regarding potential local/regional product offerings.