About the Opportunity:
FIND has an exciting opportunity for an Inventory Associate with a 49-year-old non-profit located in Pisgah Forest, NC who promotes educational, recreational and interpretive opportunities about forest and water resources, natural history, and the Cradle of Forestry in America. FIND Outdoors serves approximately 850,000 visitors each year with over 150 educational and recreational programs, special events, and tours, and manages 21 recreation, education and camping facilities in North Carolina, Georgia and Indiana; offers to the public environmental education programs and forest-related gifts, educational books and other resources; and provides partnership opportunities for the health, safety and education of all forest users on local and regional public and private lands. This role will focus on providing exceptional experiences through managing the merchandising for FIND Outdoors and must have the requisite skills to function in this position. This position will be held to a high standard for customer service, employee and community relations and will be an ambassador to FIND.
1. Maintain and adhere to proper procedures as directed by the Retail Operations Director. Offers suggestions to improve operations.
2. Assists with administrative retail tasks such as ordering inventory, entering invoices, stickering, folding and transferring inventory.
3. Monitors inventory levels at all campground locations and sends additional inventory as needed.
4. Assists with preparation of year-end physical inventory count.
5. Provides maintenance and upkeep of new items on the webstore.
6. Processes daily webstore sales orders including receipt, fulfillment, payment processing and shipping.
7. Constant communication with Retail Operations Director and Retail Operations Assistant regarding all issues.
8. Performs deliveries and restocking of products to FIND sites.
9. Other related duties as assigned by the Retail Operations Director or COO.
1. Ability to effectively use Quickbooks POS System to update counts and compile reports
2. Mathematical and analytical skills
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills
4. Critical thinking and problem-solving skill
5. Attention to detail and organizational skills
6. Valid NC Driver’s license
7. Lift and move boxes, carton, or tubs weighing up to 40 lbs.