About the Opportunity:
Georgia Education Manager
FIND Outdoors, has an exciting opportunity for a Georgia Education Manager with a 50 year old non-profit based in Pisgah Forest, NC. FIND promotes educational, recreational and interpretive opportunities about forest and water resources, natural history, and the Cradle of Forestry in America. FIND Outdoors serves near one million visitors each year with over 150 educational and recreational programs, special events, and tours, and manages 21 recreation, education and camping facilities in North Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky and Indiana. FIND offers the public environmental education programs and forest-related gifts, educational books and other resources; and provides partnership opportunities for the health, safety and education of all forest users on local and regional public and private lands. The Georgia Education Manager works collaboratively with local, regional and statewide conservation organizations in Georgia, friends group with a goal to enhance support for the mission of education at sites managed by FIND in Georgia. This role will focus on providing exceptional experiences through the development of educational programs and the candidate must have the requisite skills to function in this position. This position will be held to a high standard for customer service, employee and community relations and will be an ambassador to FIND
1. Creation and implementation of educational programming unique to each site managed in Georgia by FIND.
2. Hire, train, supervise and be a role model for all Georgia education staff at FIND.
3. Connect with local schools proximal to each of our Georgia visitor centers to establish field trip and in school outreach programs.
4. Increase visibility of our educational offerings by using social media and FIND website to tell that story.
5. Responsible for providing accurate information on education in marketing media (website, rack cards, etc.) for Georgia
6. Identify, acquire and properly maintain environmental education supplies for all Georgia locations and manage a supply budget.
7. Provide reports to Education Director as needed
8. Work with Education Director to identify potential education and exhibit grants in Georgia.
9. Identify and work with local partners to bring awareness of all Georgia sites.
10. Work closely with FIND HQ
11. Other related duties as assigned by the COO, CFO or CEO.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
1. Background and experience in environmental and/or conservation education
2. Creative and outgoing
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills with both staff and public.
4. Basic knowledge of budgeting and finance structuring
5. Must be able to meet with Managers and staff on a daily and/or weekly basis.
6. Knowledge of online and print marketing and advertising.
7. Basic knowledge of website updating and online registration or ability to learn within three months.
8. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point applications.
9. Ability to work closely with Education Director and staff at all Georgia sites.
Georgia Education Manager
Scope of Work & Expectations
I. In regards to work schedule, the Georgia Education Manager will:
● Work the hours of 8:30 am to 5 pm; 40 hours a week
● Contact Education Director about any deviations from this schedule
● Submit a request to Education Director 1 month in advance of time off exceeding one week
● Compensation: $36,000-$39,000 based on experience
● Typical work week flexes as needed to cover programming requests, but these flexes will clearly communicated early and revisited to ensure clear understanding,
II. In regards responsibilities, the Georgia Education Manager will:
● Work with Education Director to develop, recruit and execute programming for Explorers Club.
● Check in weekly with the Education Director about tasks.
● Facilitate programming and maintenance of gear for the Explorers Club.
● Ensure the safety of all participants of The Explorers Club.
● Be an ambassador for FIND Outdoors
III. In regards to communications, the Georgia Education Manager will:
● Work with Directors of Education and Communications to provide media for various platforms used by FIND Outdoors.